born again by Design: WORKSHOPS - Mapping

Thursday 19 May 2011

WORKSHOPS - Mapping

The result of this workshop was interesting. Working individually or in groups 
of two's, but still as one team, we were asked to design each section of the map with the specific requirements set by Jo Spencer by only using type design, and collaborating with our neighbors on either side of us to achieve the same hierarchy of design.
However Sylwia and myself worked on and had our own ideas, embarrassingly we did not join forces with our class mates on the same format of type but instead came up with a more detailed approach which DID stick out like a sore thumb (similarly, which we did have after this...)
Although we tried to be as detailed as possible as instructed on the brief, 
I think this could be a good example of 'too much information' at one time. 
When I look at the other sections of the map I see them to be more interesting, 
the arrangement of the font size and also there is space to breath! 
Our repetition catches ones attention for a while for then it gets boring.
So as a workshop extension to this I will design my way around a map with 
only the information I need to get from point A to B...

No comments:

Post a Comment