born again by Design: THE POWER OF DESIGN

Thursday 16 June 2011

THE POWER OF DESIGN


I was a little surprised by this cover design especially for a restaurant magazine. I don't look at restaurant magazines often but I'd expect to see the main title of the most wanted restaurant accompanied by an image possibly of the interior / exterior of the restaurant on the cover but this is something different, even though you do see the word 'design' first in the 'Extrafine' font which I have a thing for...
... Extrafine designed by Miko Ramirez
I favor this type of script to most because of it's multiple strokes, it appears more natural this way. I've always admired peoples good handwriting skills, I like to sit and study the curves and strokes of someone's handwriting and that is what this font had me doing, and I really like the roundness of some letters. I prefer Extrafine in a smaller point size than the larger, it suits it's name this way but also it doesn't loose it's sweet delicateness.




1 comment: