born again by Design: page and search, tear and cut, photocopy and cut, paste = Narrative Workshop

Friday 15 October 2010

page and search, tear and cut, photocopy and cut, paste = Narrative Workshop

FRIDAY MORNING and we all pretty ampt for our first workshop class of Narrative. David gets us going rather quickly, and no time to think about it, within 10mins we onto our first task of the 4 we have to do today. 


TASK 1:
 The groups get started on 
 their 9 crop instructions 
 we've been given...

Iza, Haffiz, Shodor and 
myself worked very 
well together.

Good one! I found 
'discreet'difficult but 
I think we nailed it!


Team effort done!


TASK 2:
Now we worked individually on a narrative sequence of settings. We had to choose two of the 6 given on the brief, I sourced 3 of them. This task was an easy one, however I didn't cut my square images out too well on 'moment to moment'. Whilst I was busy with these it occurred to me that it's very easy to mix some of the narrative headings up with each other, there is a very fine definition between some.







"GOOD MORNING" says David.
LUNCH = Fish and Chips on Fridays - with no pint! Waddling back to class at 2pm with the "Maagies vol Oogies toe" syndrome...



TASK 3: 
Straight into task 3 of the day, individually again we need to find and cut out 4 different images and 4 random headlines and create 4 different narratives - I found this one a little trickier because we had to find a different meaning to what it would obviously be...


'HAVE FUN' writes David. 


TASK 4:


Blog it!

home time!















1 comment:

  1. I actually thought that your group cropping for discrete was very good.
    I also liked your narrative with the birds.
    Im sorry you went to the Frieze.
    Think about our type project.
    Have good ideas.
    See you.
    Bart.

    ReplyDelete