born again by Design: 2011 will be shots of Gummiberry Juice!

Thursday 3 February 2011

2011 will be shots of Gummiberry Juice!

I'm back! And I have plenty to say...
Firstly apologies for the lack of posts, I moved home, had no internet connection but we are now connected to the world!
Secondly during the festive season I was with my wonderful family and friends back home enjoying the good times!

BUT... as an enthusiastic designer I couldn't help collecting these bits and pieces of paraphernalia to analytically discuss on my blog on my return to London!

So on “Simply the Best’ holiday, and as we do when the days are always bursting with sunshine we went to a beach club named St Yves; attracts a great crowd to enjoy sunset cocktails and later groove to the feel good music of Goldfish (South African band) performing live! 
This double-sided broadsheet is what caught my eye...

WHY? This poster made me smile immediately, right back at these creatures! This image becomes personal having been there and experienced a good time such as the image suggests and everything is familiar in this poster, it gave me a warm feeling. The illustration is fantastic; it's playful, it keeps your eyes locked on the poster longer than average and I like the way I find myself tracing my eyes over the creatures' every detail over and over again. Imagine how much fun this must have been to design...!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment